EXODUS 14:14

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." - EXODUS 14:14



Monday, January 31, 2011

DISTRACTIONS

Can i ask you one thing?

Who are you really living for? yourself? others? strangers? I may not look like it on the outside, but sometimes i find myself searching for happiness in myself and others when I already have God in my heart. It's ironic and chilling to the bone to think about. I hate it. I despise it. Why can't living a life for God be easier sometimes. He says He is the truth, the way and the life, so why is it so hard to find him sometimes when I already have Him? i'll tell you why. DISTRACTIONS.

I know that deep down He is alive and living inside of me. I know that He is always around me and knows the deepest parts of me that even I don't know. I know that there is not enough I could do for Him to love me more or less. I know He loves me more than anyone could ever love me. I know I am always accepted by Him and always will be. I know that I am seen through Jesus Christ's blood and there is not a thing i can do to impress God. I'm forgiven. So why is it so easy to run to distractions all the time when I already have the very thing that will complete me and only that? ......GOD.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6




I guess we are all human, and we fall. We are a work in progress. We must endure until the end. That is why grace isn't cheap, it was a price that Jesus paid for...all of us, to anyone who accepts what He has done. I guess I just wish I didn't get so distracted by such mundane things in this life. It is way too short not be running to God every single moment, every breath, every single day. I pray that I find fulfillment in Him and not distractions that don't last. I pray He draws closer to me as I draw closer to Him.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority." (Col 2:8-10)



I guess the good thing is, God is a God of many chances, and a God of forgiveness and grace. He never turns his back on us even when we turn ours on him over and over and over again. So here I go again...running back to him after being distracted. Afterall we are a work in progress, and we will never be complete until the day of Christ's return.

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog--it's here a little while, then it's gone."- James 4:14


"We often think today that Christ is part of our lives. He's maybe an important part but not all. We need Christ plus philosophy...we need Christ plus psychology...we need Christ plus ritual...we need Christ plus ceremony...... But the Bible says it's all in Christ and it's all in knowing Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment